Systems Based Practice
Residents must demonstrate an awareness and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to call on system resources to provide pathology services that are of optimal value.
- Explain how hematology diagnoses affect health care decisions for patients and the health care system.
- Discuss the types of medical practice and delivery systems differ from one another, including methods of controlling health care costs and allocating resources
- Practice cost-effective health care and resource allocation that does not compromise quality of care, understanding the need for and cost of special studies, extended testing, and send-out testing.
- As senior residents attend the CP QA committee meetings to be able to explain how to partner with the administrative and technical staff to assess, coordinate, and improve health care and know how these activities can affect system performance
- Residents may also inspect the Hematology section during a CAP inspection.
- 360o Global evaluation