Clinical Teaching Opportunities
While not required to complete the fellowship program, we offer a variety of opportunities for fellows to be involved in clinical teaching and dissemination of evidenced-based assessment/ intervention to a wide range of healthcare professionals:
- Medical Student Lectures on Disordered Eating, Cognitive Disorders, and/or Psychotherapy
- WV Project ECHO (Pain)- meets 2x month. Brief presentation regarding Pain Psychology to Multidisciplinary group with Pharmacy, Chiropractic, Pain Physicians, and psychology.
- Teaching in Pain Center to multidisciplinary staff- MD, Chiropractic, Advance Nursing Professionals, Massage Therapy, Dietician, Graduate students in psychology
- Multidisciplary Training Clinic: The fellow can present a teaching topic for MDT clinic didactic (occurs weekly, could be a topic of choice relating to child, family, or adult psychotherapy).
- Podcast topic with Dr. Ludrosky for the HRSA “Tools For Schools” project. Half hour topics for teachers on mental health issues.
- WV Project ECHO (psychiatry)- Recent topics include:
- Treatment Plans: What do you use to guide your decisions? Help to create one for a specific rural area, how do you rule out options?
- Prescribing Medications: ADHD, Depression/Anxiety/Panic, Psychotropic
- Gaining Patient Trust
- Improving Patient Comfort
- Medication management
- Therapeutic Treatment: Strategies for compliance
- Child/Adolescent: How does treatment differ?
- Specialty Conditions
- Behavioral Treatment: Methods, Strategies for Growth, Adherence, Compliance