This is your first step in becoming a fellow in the West Virginia University Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program.
Our program participates in the NRMP Match. Applications will be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). In order to be considered for an interview, a completed application must be submitted via ERAS by February 1st. Our program participates exclusively in the NRMP to select two-year Vascular Surgery Fellowship candidates.
A completed application must include:
- ERAS Application Form
- Medical School Transcript
- Board Scores
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (minimum of 3 letters)
There will be one available position.
Applicants must be board eligible in General Surgery.
Our program admits one (1) fellow on July 1st of each year. Candidates are selected for an interview based on the review of the required materials listed above. Each candidate will be interviewed by as many faculty members as possible. Candidates will be assessed based on perceived intellectual ability and personality fit to the Vascular Surgery Service. Candidates have ample time to talk with faculty in the program.
Our fellowship will conduct virtual interviews only for this interview cycle on February 10th, 20th and March 6th, in accordance with recommendations by the AAMC.
Our institution sponsors J-1 visas only. We do not sponsor H-1b visas.
2023 Application Process Timeline
- November 16th 2022: Fellowship applicants start the application process
- December 7th, 2022: Fellowship programs start receiving applications
- February 8th 2023: NRMP – Match opens
- February 10th, February 20th and March 6th, 2023: Interviews
- March 22nd 2023: Rank Order list opens
- April 19th, 2023: Rank Order list certification deadline
- May 3rd 2023: Match Day