The Radiology Residency Program at West Virginia University participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP # 183762). The WVU Department of Radiology is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Each application is reviewed individually and considered based on the totality of the application content. There are no hard cut-offs for board scores or geographic location. We invite applications from all qualified individuals.
For the 2017-2018 application season, WVU also has four advanced positions (July 2018 start) that will be filled through the match (NRMP # 1837420R0).
- Applications are accepted through ERAS only
- Graduation from an accredited American Medical school, or, for international medical school graduates, a current ECFMG certificate and appropriate J-1 visa status
- Certified medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- MSPE (Dean's letter)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores
- ACGME-approved and American Board of Radiology required clinical year (internship) must be completed prior to the commencement of residency training
- Application Deadline: November 15
Goals and Objectices of the Residency Program
- Prepare residents for full time academic or private careers in radiology.
- Review scientific data and present written research for publication.
- Refine the trainee's ability to express and appropriately communicate the patient's findings in a concise, thoughtful, helpful and timely fashion to the referring physician, and thereby help coordinate treatment.
- Provide residents with the ability to integrate basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology with the appropriate procedures for imaging and diagnosis of normal and abnormal states.
- Provide an understanding of diagnostic radiology, radiation biology, and radiation protection as they apply to the equipment, the patient, the technical staff and the radiologist.
- Prepare residents for an environment of positive change in diagnostic radiology.
Any questions or inquiries should be directed to:
Residency Program Manager
PO Box 9235
Morgantown, WV 26506-9235
Phone: (304) 293-3092
Fax: (304) 293-3899
Selected applicants are invited for on-campus interviews October through January.