Applicants interested in applying to the West Virginia University Department of Family Medicine Residency Training Program must submit an application through the Electronic Residency Application Service. Applications will be accepted starting September 15 through September 30, 2018.
When complete, all applications meeting the criteria below will be considered:
- Medical Degree must be dated after December 1, 2017
- USMLE Requirements:
- Step 1 = a passing score in first attempt
- Step 2 = a passing score in first attempt on CK and CS
- Three letters of recommendation, dated within the past year
- ECFMG Certification – Must be eligible to receive certification prior to beginning residency training
- Visa Sponsorship –J1 only
Applicants will not be contacted regarding their application status. It is important to note that a high volume of applications are under review. Calling to check on the status of a residency application is discouraged; this only serves to slow the review process.
Thank you for your interest in our training program. We look forward to reviewing your application. Please rest assured all applications meeting our criteria will receive our utmost attention and consideration for an interview.