Early Decision Program
The West Virginia University School of Medicine (WVU SoM) Early Decision Program is for students who know that WVU SoM is their top choice medical school. Applicants who have shown excellence in mission based experiences, exemplify personal attributes such as resilience and strong interpersonal skills and have strong academic metrics are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants will be interviewed in September
- Accepted students will be notified of their status by October 1st, which is the current deadline established by the AAMC
- Accepted early decision applicants will receive a scholarship worth at least $30,000
- Guaranteed first choice for campus selection
West Virginia Resident and Non-resident Requirements
- Total MCAT score of at least 506 is required. Please note that sub-section scores less than 125 may not be competitive in the cycle which you apply.
- An AMCAS calculated undergraduate, post-bac or graduate degree BCPM GPA of at least 3.6 is required, we prefer at least 30 BCPM hours from the preferred courses.
- Competitive applicants should have a minimum of 12 mission-based experiences listed in their AMCAS application.
Application Opens: May 28, 2020
MCAT scores will be accepted from September, 2017 through August 1st, 2020
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020 11:59PM