COMMENCEMENT UPDATE: 03-12-2020
Nothing is more important to the University than the commencement ceremonies where we celebrate and honor our graduates. At this time, the University is planning to hold commencement. However, the public health situation is evolving daily. If circumstances change to where it would be a public health risk to hold commencement, the University will communicate that change immediately. We advise parents and students to monitor University communications, delay making travel purchases (if possible) and pursue travel insurance options.
Visit WVU graduation website: https://graduation.wvu.edu
MD Graduation Weekend Schedule:
Awards Convocation, Thursday, May 14th at 5 pm. Fukushima Auditorium, Morgantown Campus.
Rehearsal Breakfast, Friday, May 15th at 9:30 am. Erickson Alumni Center. Required attendance for all participating students.
Friday, May 15th, 7:00 pm, Investiture, Creative Arts Center.
Participating students need to arrive by 6:15, dressed in regalia
Ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes
Regalia and Hooding Form
Clear Bag Policy
WVU’s Clear Bag Policy limits the size and type of bags that guests may bring into an event venue.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, purses larger than a clutch bag, diaper bags, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, any bag larger than the permissible size and non-approved seat cushions or chair backs larger than 16” that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers.
Guests are allowed to bring the following:
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag, for example).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap. A small clutch bag can be taken into the venue in addition to a clear bag.
- Bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or pvc and does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at an assigned designated gate.
Guests with prohibited bags cannot enter. Please visit graduation.wvu.edu for details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Graduation Curriculum Requirements Deadline -
Note: Degrees will not be approved until all requirements are met
- Satisfactorily complete 8.5 blocks (34 weeks) of Fourth Year Rotations
- Record a passing score on USMLE Step 2 CK & CS
- Record a passing score on the WVU CPX exam
- Complete and report minimum of 100 hours of community service (needs to be reported via your SOLE community service log)
- Complete academic file to include ALL official satisfactory Fourth Year Rotations
The following need to be done:
MORGANTOWN - returned to Student Services
Beeper (or replacement cost)
Clean out your locker
CHARLESTON - returned to Student Services
Beeper (or replacement cost)
Clean out your mailboxes
EASTERN - returned to Student Services
Hospital Photo badges
Clean out student desk in study areas
Food tags and Student desk tags