Applying for Residency - ERAS
General Surgery Residency Program Brochure
The Department of Surgery uses ERAS for our residency program. Anyone applying for positions must access ERAS through one the following channels:
- U.S. Medical Schools distribute and process ERAS Student Workstation (SWS) materials for their senior students applying to ERAS programs as well as to prior-year graduates of their school applying to ERAS programs.
- Osteopathic schools distribute SWS kits to and process data diskettes for their students and graduates.
- The Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) acts as the designated Dean's Office for Canadian students and graduates.
- ECFMG distributes and processes SWS kits for students and graduates of foreign medical schools.
- Common Applications Form (CAF)
- CV Report (generated from CAF)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Wallet-sized Color Photo (optional)
- USMLE Transcripts
- ECFMG Status Report (foreign medical graduates only)
- VISA status (J-1)