Requirements for Resident Physicians in GME Programs
The following records must be on file in Employee Health before a resident can see patients:
- The CDC requires that we have the following written immunization documentation on all residents:
- Hepatitis B 1,2,3
- MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) 1, 2
- History of Varicella or Immunization series
- Serological testing for Hepatitis B, MMR and Varicella for showing immune IgG antibody levels.
- Recent Tuberculosis skin testing (PPD) – within the last 12 months.
Please contact Employee Health at 598-4160 with questions.
All residents, except the Pathology residents, are required to maintain a current ACLS card. To schedule training, please call Training at 598-4063. WVU Hospitals, Inc. has a strict policy regarding residents/fellows maintaining a current ACLS card. Expiration of card could result in the non-renewal of the resident/hospital agreement.