The Division of Plastic Surgery at West Virginia University School of Medicine received initial Accreditation on February 2, 2017 by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for a Plastic Surgery Residency Program at the WVU-SOM. The program is a six (6) year clinical training program.
The Department of Surgery uses ERAS for our residency program. Any application information received outside of ERAS will NOT will not be considered. Anyone applying for positions must access ERAS through one the following channels:
- U.S. Medical Schools distribute and process ERAS Student Workstation (SWS) materials for their senior students applying to ERAS programs as well as to prior-year graduates of their school applying to ERAS programs.
- Osteopathic schools distribute SWS kits to and process data diskettes for their students and graduates.
- The Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) acts as the designated Dean's Office for Canadian students and graduates.
- ECFMG distributes and processes SWS kits for students and graduates of foreign medical schools.
If you wish to apply to a plastic surgery residency as a senior medical student, visit the National Resident Matching Program
Common Applications Form (CAF)
- CV Report (generated from CAF)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Wallet-sized Color Photo (optional)
- USMLE Transcripts
- ECFMG Status Report (foreign medical graduates only)
- VISA status
All applicant material should be sent to:
Ashley M. Hagood
Residency Program Manager, Plastic Surgery
West Virginia University
Department of Surgery
PO Box 9238 HSC-S
Morgantown, WV 26506-9238
(P): 304-293-7480 (F): 304-293-2556