Outpatient Family Medicine
LOCATION: Clark K. Sleeth Family Medicine Center, University Town Center - Morgantown WV
PRECEPTOR: Treah Haggerty, MD
DURATION: 4 weeks minimum
OFFERED: Blocks 2-12
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT: 1 Student
STATUS: Elective - Rural Scholar Only
- Re-introduce student to a structured outpatient learning environment.
- Reinforce clinical and analytical thinking skills.
- Learn commonly performed procedural skills appropriate for Family Medicine.
- Acquire skills in patient education, wellness promotion and preventive medicine.
- Expose student to an interdisciplinary learning environment.
- Highlight the connection between patient health, home environment, and access to community resources.
Methods to Achieve Objectives
- Direct patient care experience with student responsible for the assessment and management of 5 patients per half day.
- Active clinical learning related to patient needs.
- Completion of comprehensive assessment of patient in the home environment with written report.
- Oral presentation at noon time residency conference on the outpatient evaluation and management of a common illness or disease process.
Examination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
1.) Direct observation and directed feedback. 2) Written clinical performance evaluation. 3) Oral presentation evaluation 4) Written evaluation of home visit summary
Contact Ms. Holly Maroon, firstname.lastname@example.org , two weeks prior to rotation start date. (304) 598-6919, Extension 2.