Pediatric Residency Rural Scholars Program
The Pediatric Residency Rural Scholars Program was established in 2016 with the goal of increasing the number of practicing pediatricians in rural underserved areas.
We are pleased to announce our 2018 Rural Health Scholar Interns:
- Catherine Kelly
- Breanna Nolan
- Lauren Rover
Who is eligible?
Students of the WVU School of Medicine in MS-3 who are committed to match in the WVU Pediatric Residency Program, Morgantown, and are intending to practice pediatrics in West Virginia or other rural areas.
What are the benefits?
- Students participate in an enhanced rural health curriculum in MS 4 and throughout residency.
- Students receive a $10,000 stipend. Pending successful completion of medical school, students are guaranteed a position in the WVU Pediatric Residency Program in Morgantown WV.
- Students will save an estimated $9,000 in travel and accommodation costs associated with the residency interview process.
- Students apply in MS 3
- Deadline is January 31st
- Selected students will be notified by March 1
Please contact Dr. Emily Nease (email@example.com) or any member of the Pediatric Residency Rural Scholars Program team if you want to apply or need more information.
Co-Rural Scholar Program Directors
Emily Nease MD and Linda Nield MD
- Professor, Pediatrics
- Assistant Dean of Admissions, Medical Education