LOCATION: Chestnut Ridge Center, Morgantown, West Virginia
PRECEPTOR: Toni Goodykoontz, M.D.
DURATION: 4 weeks minimum
OFFERED: Continuously (Unavailable Blocks 1 & 2)
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT: 1 student
- Psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis & treatment of adolescents.
- Fundamentals of child and adolescent treatments (medications, individual, group, milieu).
- Specific evaluation and treatment of juvenile sexual offenders.
- Specific evaluation and treatment of addiction in adolescence.
- Specific evaluation and treatment of ADHD in children and adolescence.
Methods to Achieve Objectives
- Inpatient with attending on CRH residential treatment center.
- Outpatient with attending in child/adolescent medication clinic.
- Assist with evaluation of new patients in outpatient department.
- Assignment of two individual patients (inpatient) for supervised management.
- Individual supervision one hour/week with attending.
- Participation in group and milieu therapies.
- Participation in multidisciplinary treatment team (RTC).
Examination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
Daily observation, oral testing, written report on patient, attendance and participation 5 days/week. ( 8 AM - 4:30 PM).
Contact Ms. Debbie Robinson two weeks prior to rotation start date. email@example.com / (304) 293-3105