LOCATION: WVU Children's Hospital and Physician Office Center (POC), Morgantown, WV
PRECEPTORS: Nita Ray Chaudhuri, MD
DURATION: 2 or 4 weeks, (2 weeks minimum)
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT: 1 student
To learn the art of cardiac auscultation, EKG interpretation, and its correlation with the different types of congenital heart diseases. To achieve fundamental knowledge in the pathophysiology of both acquired and congenital heart diseases.
Methods to Achieve Objectives
- Attend pediatric cardiac conferences;
- Attend cardiac clinic;
- Participate in cardiac ultrasound examination;
- Participate in ward rounds;
- Participate in ECG reading
- Study cardiac pathology by examining heart specimens (optional);
- Attend outreach cardiac clinic.
- Attend morning rounds/report.
Examination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
Daily observation, MCQ and oral exams.
Please contact Dr. Nita Ray Chaudhuri, firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to rotation start date to discuss your schedule and where to report.
If you have questions regarding the rotation, please contact Ms. Pam Casteel. email@example.com