LOCATION: Ruby Memorial Hospital, Morgantown, West Virginia
PRECEPTOR: Chris Bianco, M.D.
DURATION: 4 weeks minimum
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT: 4 students
Basic training in cardiology, with emphasis on:
- Clinical diagnosis and therapy;
- Understanding basic investigations (chest X-rays and ECG's);
- Appreciating the role of more complex diagnostic procedures, both invasive and non-invasive.
Methods to Achieve Objectives
- Evaluate and manage patients on the cardiology inpatient service, under supervision of residents and faculty. Provide cardiac consultations for other services, under appropriate supervision. Attend new patient and return clinics.
- Interpret ECG's under staff supervision. Attend student ECG, heart sound, and x-ray conferences of the cardiac service; 3. Attend special conferences, especially cardiac catheter and chest (lung and heart), observe and participate in special investigations on selected patients, and read the cardiology section of a textbook, or cardiology monographs.
Examination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
Contact Dr. Chris Bianco, firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to rotation start date.